There is nothing i enjoy more than spending a day at my grandparents’ house, where i just forget for a while about the stressful routine of the city life, which i love though. But sometimes we all need a getaway. I admit that having a cuddle with my dog on the porch, watching the green of the forest engulfing the blue sky is making me so calm and relaxed.
They have this huge garden full of natural fruits and vegetables which taste amazing. So everytime i go, i leave with a bag full of fresh goodies.
My granny loves raspberries (and fruits, in general) so much that she decided to plant some bushes in her “tiny” garden. I must say i inherited the love for fruits from her.
Last weekend, when i saw the three bushes, i immediately though of combining the melon that i bought the oder day with the raspberries and make a fresh melon and raspberry smoothie (because i’m a big fan of smoothies). And i decided to share the way i do it with you.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 2 cup cubed cantaloupe melon
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 cup juice (optional, add it if you want liquid consistency)
- 2 tablespoons of honey/sugar (optional)
- Cut the melon into cubes and put it in the blender, along with the raspberries and yogurt. Add the optional ingredients if wanted.
- Blend everythin until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy your melon and raspberry smoothie.
Tips & Tricks
Next time you don’t eat the hole melon, cut it into chunks and throw it in the freezer. So, you won’t waste any bit of it and you won’t need any ice cubes when you will make another melon and raspberry smoothie. You’ll have a fresh and fruty drink to help you cool down even on the hottest days of summer.